Our Parochial Church Council (PCC)
St Luke in the City Team Parish is a diverse group of churches in the centre of the City of Liverpool, named after the original parish church of St Luke Bold Place, now known locally as 'The Bombed Out Church'.
St Bride's is one of three churches in the St Luke In The City Team Parish. The three churches exemplify a range of Anglican traditions. We are a rainbow people from many backgrounds.
What do we do?
- Two of the churches have experienced considerable growth in recent years.
- We seek to create distinctive patterns of worship and engaging opportunities for Christian nurture.
- We seek to pioneer fresh expressions of Church in traditions not usually associated with Church growth.
How do we do it?
- We seek to serve and engage with the local community by working in partnership with a range of projects including food banks, work with people who are homeless, and dialogue with people of other faiths, as well as supporting the Chaplaincy at Liverpool Women’s Hospital.
- We seek to work together to share resources and to support one another in every way possible.
- We value and embrace diversity in all its forms and seek to be fully inclusive churches.
‘To discover, with others, the freedom, justice and hope of the Kingdom of God:
to work for and celebrate it in the lives of individuals, the community and the City’